What goes in each bin
Don't just recycle, recycle right. Get an overview of what items you can put in each of your bins.More on disposing of your waste
What you need to do on bin collection day
When you need to put your bin out, where to place it for collection and more.More on putting your bins out
Dispose of unwanted items
If you're looking to dispose of unwanted household items such as beds, mattresses, fridges and furniture, we offer a collection service from domestic properties within the borough.How to dispose of unwanted items
Get more food waste compostable bags
To help you recycle your food waste, we provide compostable bags for your kitchen food waste bin for free.How to get more food waste bags
Report it, how to dispose of large items safely and how to check if a waste carrier is licensed.More on reducing fly-tipping
Spotlight on bins and recycling
Recycling items correctly can save money, support jobs and protect the environment across our borough.
The materials we throw away can be valuable. By recycling well, we can save £1 million a year for other public services and create jobs.
- Use the right bin – see which items go in which bin
- Bulky items – we can collect some items from your home for free
- Bin collection calendar – our handy calendar can help you get your bins collected on your collection day
- Learn more about recycling – you can request free recycling lessons for your school or community group
- Free compostable bags – use these in your kitchen caddy to help to turn your food waste into compost
We can help if you have a problem with pests. Find out about costs and how to book a visit.
If you'd like to help keep your borough cleaner and wish to hold a litter pick, we can help.
Find out how we get rid of weeds and where we remove weeds from in the borough.