Recycle your real Christmas tree
Don't let your real Christmas tree go to waste after the festive season. Recycle it.
- Put it in your brown bin - to put a real Christmas tree in the recycling bin:
- Remove the base and all decorations. You can put the base in your dark green bin.
- Chop it up and put it in your brown recycling bin. The trunk needs to be thinner than your wrist. If it's thicker, you'll need to take it to a Christmas tree recycling point.
- Your bin lid needs to close.
- Replant it - you can recycle your old potted Christmas tree by replanting it.
- Return it - many shops and garden centres recycle trees if they're returned to them. Check where you bought your tree from.