Find out about recycling centres (rubbish tips) and recycling banks in Rochdale borough and Greater Manchester. The waste and recycling sites are owned by Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) and operated by the recycling and waste management firm SUEZ.
There are 2 recycling centres in Rochdale borough which are located at:
- Chichester Street, Rochdale OL16 2AU
- Spring Vale, Middleton M24 2HR
- Enter your postcode to find your nearest recycling site in Greater Manchester
The opening hours for all our recycling centres in the borough are:
- Open: every day except Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Summer (British Summer Time) opening times: Monday-Sunday, 8am–8pm
- Winter opening times: Monday-Sunday, 8am–6pm
You can get the most up-to-date information about opening times and changes on the Recycle for Greater Manchester website:
A-Z recycling guide
There are lots of things that are thrown in the bin that can be recycled. See how you can recycle as much as you can and dispose of your waste safely.
Apply for a van permit
You can find information about applying for a van permit on the Recycle for Greater Manchester website:
There are a number of small recycling banks across the borough which you can visit at your convenience.
At a recycling bank, you can recycle small quantities of items such as bottles, jars, tins, cans and clothing.
What happens to your recycling?
Waste and recycling collected from your bins at home and what you take to the Recycling Centre is either recycled, made into compost or even turned into electricity.