What items you can put in each bin
Each of your household bins is for different types of items.
All households in Rochdale borough should have 4 bins for different types of items.
- Dark green bin: rubbish bin for general waste
- Light green bin with blue lid: cans, plastic bottles and glass bottles and jars recycling
- Blue bin: paper and cardboard recycling
- Brown bin: food and garden waste
How you can help
Across the borough, thousands of residents are recycling, but not everyone is getting it quite right. Putting just one wrong item in your recycling bin can contaminate a full load, costing taxpayers money.
Please help by making sure you're getting it right - your efforts make a huge difference.
- All non-recyclable waste will need to be placed in your dark green bin.
- You can leave additional recycling waste for collection in an open container where the contents can be easily seen. This must be left by the side of your recycling bin on your scheduled bin collection day.
- Please take additional non-recyclable waste to a rubbish tip and recycling centre.
- We treat any waste left next to a dark green bin as fly-tipping.