Awards and recognition in 2023
This page lists the awards we've won so far in 2023.
Internet Crystal Mark 2023
The council's website achieved the Internet Crystal Mark for the 10th consecutive year. This award demonstrates our commitment to plain English throughout the website.
Sitemorse Q1 2023 Local Government INDEX
The council's website came 6th in the Sitemorse Local Government INDEX for the first quarter in 2023.
The INDEX ranks local government websites across the whole UK for areas including performance, compliance, accessibility and quality. This demonstrates our commitment to making our website accessible to all.
ACE Staff Awards
The ACE Staff Awards are annual awards to celebrate and recognise the achievements of staff across the council.
The winners were presented with their awards at a special ceremony on Thursday, 16 March 2023, and this ceremony was our 4th time hosting these awards. The winners were:
- Young Employee of the Year Award 2022: Bryony Walters
- Inspiring Change Award 2022: Sean Beech
- Team of the Year Award 2022: Junction 19 team
- Community Action Award 2022: Nicola Gent
- Employee of the Year 2022: Neil Helliwell
- Learner of the Year 2022: Hasnain Aslam
- ACE Outstanding Contribution 2022: Aileen Bollard