- Long Street, Middleton M24 6DU
- Temporary library closures
- Opening times
Our usual opening times
- Monday: 9am-5pm
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday: 9am-5pm
- Thursday: 9am-6pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 10am-3pm
- Sunday: closed
- Bank holidays: closed
- Library services available
At all our libraries you can browse, borrow and return books.
These services are also available at Middleton Library:
- Warm Spaces in the borough of Rochdale
- Join the library
- Sign in to your library account
- Renew a book
- Reserve a book
- Pay a library fine
- Get books with Bookstart
- Get books on prescription
- Join the doorstep library
- Become a library volunteer
- Request and collect library books
- You can borrow jigsaws for both adults and children free on an adult library card. You can reserve them and request them to be sent to any library in the borough for collection.
At Middleton Library you have access to:
- Free wifi
- Printers, photocopiers and scanners
- Free car parking
- Public and accessible toilets
- Lift for access to first floor
The majority of service and facilitites in libraries are free, but some facilities have a cost.
- Customer services available
This is a self-service customer service centre. When Middleton Library is open, you can:
- Use the computers to access council services.
- Use the free phone to call our Contact Centre.
- Research facilities for family or local history
To research local or family history you start with the facts available to you. This could be from family members. Gather as much information as possible. Before visiting a library, look at what's online. Any dates, addresses, areas or trades will be helpful in finding the right family.
At Middleton Library we have:
- Local history resources
- Research material
- Specialised equipment including microfilm machines
- Online library services
With your library account you can get these services online from anywhere.
- Reserve and renew books
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Download audiobooks
- Access a range of guides and resources
- Borrow items from any library in the Greater Manchester Consortium
- Other services available
Other services you can get at Middleton Library are:
- Events and activities
- Social media
Keep up to date with news, events and competitions for all ages.
Follow us on our library Facebook page
Middleton Library has disabled access.
- Contact details
- Local library information
As a member of the library, you can use the facilities of more than 4000 libraries across England and Wales and Northern Ireland.