If you cannot return your library items before the due date, you can renew them to avoid a fine.
We'll automatically send you an email to remind you to renew your items 3 to 7 days before they're due back. If you've not received a reminder, log in to your library account to check we've got the right email address for you.
To renew your library items online:
- Follow the link below to log in to your online library account.
- From your account, select 'current loans'. You should now see a list of the items you're currently borrowing from the library.
- From the list, click the 3 lines next to the item you'd like to renew. On a laptop or computer, click on the 3 dots next to the item you'd like to renew instead.
- Then select 'renew loan' from the drop-down box which appears.
- Your item should now be renewed.
Other ways to renew
You can also renew your library items:
- Over the phone: 0300 303 8876 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. We're closed for training on Monday between 11am to 11.30am. You'll need your library card number when you ring.
- In-person: you can renew your loans at any library in the borough. You'll need to bring your library card with you but you don't have to bring the items you want to renew.
Items you cannot renew
You cannot renew an item if:
- It has been reserved by someone else.
- You've renewed it 10 times already. You'll need to bring the item back to the library for us to check. You may be able to borrow the item again immediately, depending on demand.