Why and how to apply
You can volunteer at your local library and make a positive difference in your local community.
Libraries are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of duties. In return, we can offer you the chance to make a difference in your local community.
We have a range of opportunities that require different skills and different levels of commitment. See which suits you best and apply.
To apply for any of our volunteer roles:
- Download and complete the application form. If you're under 16 years old, your parent or guardian will need to sign one section of the form to give their permission for you to volunteer.
- Email your completed form to us using the contact details on this page or hand it in at your local library.
- We aim to contact you within 7 working days to arrange a time for you to meet with us at the library.
- At the meeting, we'll discuss your expectations and how we'll support and train you.
- If we agree the role is right for you, we'll contact your referees. If your skills or experience don't match the role, we'll try to suggest some other opportunities for you.
- We may ask you to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if you'll be working with under 18s or vulnerable adults.
- Once the DBS check and references are completed, we'll agree on a date for your training and induction.