There are many different services and facilities available at your local library. The majority of these are free. However, we do have some charges.
Popular free library services
- Borrowing books and audiobooks: free
- Borrowing eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers: free
- Booking and using computers: free
- Using online resources such as Ancestry: free
- Taking part in events and activities for all ages and interests: free
Reservations and requests
- Reserving an item from the library catalogue: free
- Requesting an item we don't have in stock: £4
Replacement library cards
- Adults: £3
- Under 17s: £1.35
Printing, photocopying and scanning
- A4 black and white printing and photocopying: 10p for each single-sided page
- A4 colour printing and photocopying: 70p for each single-sided page
- A3 black and white printing and photocopying: 40p for each single-sided page
- A3 colour printing and photocopying: £1.20 for each single-sided page
- Postcard-sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £4.20
- A4-sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £8
- A3-sized local history digital prints on photographic paper: £17
- Microfilm prints: £2
- A4 and A3 scanning: Free
Meeting room hire
To hire a room in one of our libraries costs £20 an hour. We'll consider a reduced rate for community groups.
- If you're interested in booking a meeting room, contact the Library Service using the details on this page.
Paying your library fine
You can pay a library fine at any library in the borough.