- Balderstone Park, Rochdale OL11 2HD
- Opening times
Balderstone Library will be temporarily closed on Saturday, 13 August 2022 due to unforeseen circumstances.
The library will reopen as usual on Monday, 15 August 2022 at 9am. The nearest alternative library is Rochdale Library and Customer Service Centre
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Our usual opening times
- Monday: 9am–5pm
- Tuesday: 9am–5pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9am–6pm
- Friday: 9am–5pm
- Saturday: 10am–1pm
- Sunday: closed
- Bank holidays: closed
- Library services available
At all our libraries you can browse, borrow and return books.
These services are also available:
- Join the library
- Sign in to your library account
- Renew a book
- Reserve a book
- Pay a library fine
- Get books with Bookstart
- Join the reading challenges
- Get books on prescription
- Join the doorstep library
- Become a library volunteer
- Request and collect library books
- You can borrow jigsaws for both adults and children free on an adult library card. You can reserve them and request them to be sent to any library in the borough for collection.
- Customer services available
At Balderstone Library, you can also access the customer service centre, where you can:
- Use computers to access council services
- Use the free phone to call our Contact Centre
- Online library services
- Research facilities for family or local history
To research local or family history you start with the facts available to you. This could be from family members. Gather as much information as possible. Before visiting a library, look at what's online. Any dates, addresses, areas or trades will be helpful in finding the right family.
At Balderstone Library we have:
- Local history resources
- Research material
- Other services available
- Events and activities
- Social media
Keep up to date with news, events and competitions for all ages.
Follow us on our library Facebook page
The building has ramped access.
- Contact details
- Local library information
As a member of the library, you can use the facilities of more than 4000 libraries across England and Wales and Northern Ireland.