Winter weather brings several health risks.
- Winter health advice from the Met Office - includes what's the difference between a cold and flu, 6 things you should do for your health this winter and how cold weather affects your health.
- Get ready for winter - view Met Office advice for preparing for a range of winter weathers such as cold, snow and ice, high winds and flooding.
- Flu jabs - flu is a highly infectious illness that spreads rapidly through the coughs and sneezes of people who are carrying the virus.
- Keep warm, keep well - winter advice from the NHS.
How to keep healthy as an older person
Here's some support and advice specifically for older people.
- Super Six Walk Challenge Tracker - encourages you to be more active.
- Supporting older people to keep well this winter - practical information to keep well.
- Keeping well at home - a range of help including dietary advice, exercises, activities and more.
- Preparing for winter - information on how to stay safe and healthy during winter weather from Age UK