About Community Champions
Community Champions can help you:
- Develop your skills, including reading, writing, maths and employability.
- Learn about computers, particularly how to use services.
- Teach reading and writing to your children.
- If you are struggling with a mental health issue - this is usually done in partnership with the Psychological Therapies team or other local services.
- If you are struggling with bereavement or loss.
- Get a job, through work clubs or support.
- Get the most out of life if you're isolated or feeling vulnerable.
- Maximise your benefits or deal with a change in circumstances.
If what you need isn't on this list, just ask us, we love a new challenge!
How to get help
If you'd like to get help from a Community Champion:
- Contact us using the details on this page. If you're contacting us on behalf of someone else, that's fine, just make sure you get the person's permission first.
- We'll ask you for some basic details about what you need so we can find the right support for you.
- We'll describe the support we can offer and what it will involve.
- If you want to go ahead with the support we offer, we'll arrange for you to meet a Community Champion in a place that's convenient and safe for you.