Free home improvements and energy advice
Groundwork's Green Doctor programme
Groundwork's Green Doctors offer free, impartial advice and support to help you save energy, reduce your bills, and live in a warmer, more comfortable home.
Groundwork offers support with:
- Fixing the causes of heat loss in your home
- Tackling problems with damp or mould
- Useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable
- Installing small energy and water efficiency measures, such as draft excluders
- Switching energy providers to save money
- Accessing other support, such as emergency heating, government subsidies or grants, and advice on energy or water debt
You can get help and sign up for a free Green Doctor consultation on Groundwork's website.
Local Energy Advice Service (LEAP)
You can access LEAP's free home visit service to help you save money and keep your home warm and cosy.
During your home visit, a qualified Home Energy Advisor can:
- Install free simple home energy measures, such as LED lights and draught-proofing
- Give you day to day energy efficiency hints and tips
- Make sure your heating is working correctly
- Check if you're on the cheapest tariff
- Arrange a free telephone advice service to help with benefits, money and bill problems
- Refer you for further energy efficiency improvements such as loft or cavity wall insulation