Giving to others makes us healthier and happier.
Evidence shows that becoming a volunteer can give you the practical experience and training you'll need to become more desirable to prospective employers.
Volunteer with Rochdale Borough Council
We have a range of opportunities across the council that you can volunteer for.
- Become a Green Volunteer - volunteer and improve the local environment.
- Volunteer at a library - libraries are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of duties.
- Volunteer for the Youth Service - inspire future generations, share your skills and boost your CV.
- Volunteer for the Mayor of Rochdale - help with the organisation and running of fundraisers for the Mayor's Charity Appeal.
- Support adults to learn English and get involved in their community - Talk English project.
- Become a school governor - for people from the school's community who wish to make a positive contribution to children's education.
- Work experience with the council - we offer a few different options for you to choose from.
Fire, police and NHS volunteers
There are opportunities in the borough to volunteer for the fire service, police and NHS.
- Volunteer with the fire service - there are many different ways you can volunteer with one of the largest fire and rescue services in the UK.
- Volunteer with the police - Greater Manchester Police is encouraging applications from people aged 18 years and over and from all backgrounds to volunteer some of their time for the force.
- Volunteer with the Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust - view volunteering opportunities with Pennine Care who provide mental health care and a number of other specialist services in Greater Manchester.
Other volunteering opportunities
Here are some of the other volunteering opportunities in the borough of Rochdale.
- Become a volunteer with Action Together - provides support, advice and helps people find a voluntary role that suits them. It offers a volunteer brokerage service and there are hundreds of volunteering opportunities across the borough of Rochdale for you to select from.
- In Bloom volunteers - get involved with making beautiful and inspiring gardening displays in the community.
- Volunteer for sporting events with Your Trust - Your Trust provides a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications and courses through its well established ‘Skills4Sport’ programme for people working or volunteering in the sports and leisure industry.
- Graduate Volunteer Project Assistant Programme with Groundwork Bolton, Bury, Oldham and Rochdale - provides support with training, development and networking opportunities.
- Become a Community Champion - Community Champions are people from across Rochdale borough who make a positive difference by helping others.
- Volunteer with Rochdale and District Mind - they provide services to support people with mental health and wellbeing issues and have a number of opportunities on offer.
- Volunteer as an interpreter - British Red Cross are looking for interpreters and there are a number of charities offering volunteering opportunities.