Giving to others makes us healthier and happier.
Evidence also shows that becoming a volunteer can give you the practical experience and training you'll need to become more desirable to prospective employers.
- Become a Green Volunteer - volunteer and improve the local environment.
- Volunteer at a library - libraries are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of duties.
- Volunteer for the Youth Service - inspire future generations, share your skills and boost your CV.
- Volunteer for the Mayor of Rochdale - help with the organisation and running of fundraisers for the Mayor's Charity Appeal.
- Support adults to learn English and get involved in their community - Talk English project.
- Become a school governor - for people from the school's community who wish to make a positive contribution to children's education.