General council service complaints, compliments and comments
If you're not happy with something we have or haven't done, we want to hear from you. Your complaint will be treated seriously and in confidence.
Popular service requests
To help save time and to get a faster response if you wish to log an issue you can contact the service directly. Contact details for each service are generally listed on each page.
Here are some popular service requests:
- Report a missed bin
- Grass maintenance
- Tree problems
- Object to a planning application
- Report noise nuisance
How to make a complaint, compliment or comment
We are committed to providing high-quality services, and our staff work hard to achieve this. We welcome your feedback, whether it's to make a comment, pay a compliment or make a complaint about our services.
The information you provide will help us improve our services.
Choose from one of the following ways to make a complaint, compliment or comment:
- Email email@example.com.
- Telephone any member of staff or the contact centre.
- Write to Customer Feedback Team, Floor 3, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU.
- Call in person at any of our customer service centres.
What happens after we receive your complaint?
When you first contact us to tell us about your complaint, you can expect:
- An immediate response, or
- A full response within 10 working days if we need more time.
Occasionally, we may need longer to investigate your complaint. If this is the case, we'll let you know how the investigation is going, how much longer we think we will need, and the reasons for this.
If you're not happy with our response you can:
- Ask for your complaint to be looked into again by the service concerned. This is a stage 2 investigation and you can expect an acknowledgement within 5 working days, and a full response to your complaint within a further 15 working days.
- If you are still not happy with our response, you can appeal to the Customer Feedback Team for an independent review. This is a stage 3 review and you can expect an acknowledgement of your appeal within 5 working days and a full response within a further 20 working days. This is the third and final stage of our complaints process.
- If you're not happy with our response at stages 1 or 2, please contact us within 28 days so that we can look into your complaint again.
- If you're still not happy with the way we handled your complaint after it has been looked into at all 3 stages, you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.
Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman complaints upheld
The Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman publish all their decisions. Real names are not used. In certain cases where it is not in the complainant's interest or anonymity may be compromised, they can decide not to publish a decision.
They publish decisions 6 weeks after the date of completion