Tree problems and management

Report a tree problem

If you've noticed a problem with an area where we manage trees, you can report this to us using the following links.

Trees we're responsible for

We're responsible for managing trees on all council-owned land, which includes:

  • Roads and verges
  • Parks and open spaces
  • Town centres
  • Memorial gardens
  • Cemeteries
  • Sports pitches

Trees we're not responsible for

We do not manage trees:

  • On land that's privately owned. You will need to contact the landowner.
  • Where there is Japanese knotweed on private land. You must prevent this from spreading into the wild - how to identify, prevent the spread and dispose of Japanese knotweed
  • On properties owned by Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH). You should contact RBH if you live in one of their houses and have a tree problem. Contact RBH
  • On properties owned by any other housing association or landlord. You should also speak to them directly if you've got a question about trees. View contact details for housing associations in the borough
  • Touching overhead wires. If you've seen a tree that's touching or damaging overhead wires, contact BT Openreach
  • That are only causing problems with any of the following:
    • TV reception
    • Solar panels
    • Blocking sunlight
    • Dropping honeydew or leaves onto cars or property
  • Where birds are nesting, it's against the law to intentionally injure or kill a wild bird or damage its active nests. You can report any issues with trees that have birds nesting in them to the Wildlife Crimes Officer for your area by calling 101.

Tree problem related content