We want to hear your views whether you're supporting or opposing a planning application. To make sure your views aren't misinterpreted, we only accept comments sent to us in writing.
We receive a high number of comments on applications and are unable to acknowledge or respond to them directly.
How to support or object to a planning application online
You need to register for a public access account before you can send your comments online.
- Sign in to your public access account. If you don't have an account, you can register for an account for free.
- Search for the planning application using a keyword, reference number, postcode or a single line of an address.
- Make a comment on any current planning application.
Please note that the system may time out after 30 minutes and so you may wish to prepare your comments in advance.
How to support or object to a planning application by email or post
You can submit your comments on a planning application by emailing or writing to us using the contact details on this page.
Please include the following information with your comments:
- Planning application reference number.
- Address of the site.
- Name of the case officer.
Please check the 'Important Dates' of the planning application you want to comment on. We set a deadline for comments to be received with any letter, site notice or newspaper advertisement. If we receive your comments after this date you may have missed the opportunity to have your comments considered. Search for planning application details online
If you have strong views either supporting or opposing an application, you may also want to contact your local councillor. Find your local councillor.