If you're moving into the area or relocating to the borough of Rochdale, there are probably several things you need to do.
You'll find a range of services you can access online on this website. This page will also signpost you to some of the things you may need to do if you've not already done so.
Actions to do now
When you move house, you'll need to:
- Register to vote
- Register for Council Tax
- View bins and recycling details – such as when your bins will be collected, your bin entitlement, what you can recycle and more
- Find your local councillor
- Know how to contact us
- Know how to have your say – comment on consultations, attend a committee meeting, find your Member of Parliament and more.
- Report a change for benefits
Services you may need
You may need to access some of these services when you move to Rochdale borough.
- Schools and colleges
- Jobs and training
- Setting up a business
- Resident parking permits
- Social care and health services
- Support for armed forces
- Planning permissions
Events and things to do
Here are just some of the things you can do in Rochdale borough.
- Arts and heritage
- Events and activities
- Your Trust events
- Parks and open spaces
- Sports and leisure activities
- Family hubs and children's centres
- Youth clubs
- Sights to see
These are the main further education providers:
- Rochdale Sixth Form College
- Hopwood Hall College and University Centre
- Rochdale Training Association
These are some of the ways to get around Rochdale borough.
There are a few ways you can be part of the community.