If you're a refugee or an asylum seeker, there's a range of support available to you.
Benefits and cash support
View benefits available for asylum seekers or refugees.
Get help with housing costs or housing problems.
- Apply for social housing - if you're a refugee
You can access a number of helpful services in Rochdale borough:
- Rochdale Women's Welfare Association - a community of women looking to help and support other women, including refugees and asylum seekers.
- NESTAC - Rochdale based community organisation offering support to refugees and asylum seekers, particularly to those from African backgrounds.
- Caring and Sharing- supports asylum seekers in Rochdale borough by finding education, training and services for community integration.
- Talk English - offers FREE English classes for refugees in Rochdale borough.
- Manchester Refugee Support Network - work with refugees and asylum seekers in Greater Manchester to help find education and training opportunities, help you build a community and find friends.
There are many national organisations that offer support to asylum seekers and refugees across the whole of the UK:
- British Red Cross - care and support for refugee and asylum seekers.
- Childline - support for children who are refugees and asylum seekers. They offer support and advice if you're being bullied, feel scared or feel like you don't belong.
- Refugee Action - gives help and advice for refugees and asylum seekers on issues, including the asylum process.
- Migrant Help - support if you're a survivor of human trafficking and modern slavery.
- City of Sanctuary - aims to provide a community for refugees and asylum seekers.