Help to find a job
There's a variety of support you can access when you're looking for a job.
- Work and skills hubs - drop-in sessions at locations across the borough each week. We can help you find a job, write your CV or prepare for an interview.
- Armed forces and ex-armed forces personnel support - if you've left the Armed Forces and applied for a job at the council, you'll be guaranteed an interview if you meet certain conditions.
- Cared for children - support finding education and jobs - there's plenty of support for cared-for young people looking to further their education or career. Find out which option suits you best.
- Help for young people - Prince's Trust - skills, tools, training and confidence to help secure the job you want.
- InWork Greater Manchester - offers support in finding work for unemployed people with health conditions or disabilities. They can also help you if you need specialist support when you start your job.
- Motiv8 - for people over the age of 25 who live in Greater Manchester and aren't in employment or training. They offer support to get you back on track and move you nearer to training, job searching and employment opportunities.
- Redundancy support - getting the right information when you're made redundant is essential.
- Rochdale Connections Trust - a community-based charity, working in Rochdale, Heywood and Middleton. Offers support for people who are finding life difficult in some way, including difficulties finding a job.
- Salvation Army Work Club: Employment Plus - just turn up on certain weekdays to get tailored support to help you get a job and stay in work.
- Self-employment support - for Greater Manchester residents who want to learn about self-employment. Support is also offered for people who have recently become self-employed or have recently started their own business.
- Working Well Early Help Programme - offers support and advice if you have a disability or health condition. They offer health, well-being and lifestyle advice, assistance in work, workplace adjustments, skills, education and training and support in finding work.