Help and support
There's a variety of support you can access whether in a job or looking for a job.
- Work and financial support - financial support if you're off work because of coronavirus, help if you've lost your job, financial support if you're getting less work and more.
- Armed forces and ex-armed forces personnel support - if you've left the Armed Forces and apply for a job at the council, you'll be guaranteed an interview if you meet certain conditions.
- Cared for children - support finding education and jobs - there's plenty of support on offer for cared-for young people looking to further their education or career. Find out which option suits you best.
- Help for young people - Prince's Trust - skills, tools, training and confidence to help you secure the job you want.
- InWork Greater Manchester - offers support finding work for unemployed people with health conditions or disabilities. They can also help you if you'll need some specialist support when you start your job.
- Motiv8 - for people over the age of 25 who live in Greater Manchester and aren't in employment or training. They offer support to get you back on track and move you nearer to training, job searching and employment opportunities.
- Redundancy support - getting the right information when you're made redundant is essential.
- Rochdale Connections Trust - a community-based charity, working in Rochdale, Heywood and Middleton. Offers support for people who are finding life difficult in some way, including difficulties finding a job.
- Self-employment support - for Greater Manchester residents who want to find out about self-employment. Support is also offered for people who have recently become self-employed or have recently started their own business.
- Work Clubs in the borough - Work Clubs are places to share skills, experiences, find opportunities, make contacts and get support returning to work.
- Working Well Early Help Programme - offers support and advice if you have a disability or health condition. They offer health, wellbeing and lifestyle advice, assistance in work, workplace adjustments, skills, education and training and support finding work.