Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
You can use the Blue Badge online application form on GOV.UK to apply or reapply for a Blue Badge for yourself, an organisation or on someone's behalf.
You can also use it to continue an application you've already started, check the progress of your application, report your badge lost or stolen and report a change in your circumstances.
When should I renew my badge?
We recommend applying 4-6 weeks before your current badge is due to expire.
How do I apply or renew my Blue Badge?
The application process is the same for both first-time applications and if you already have an existing Blue Badge.
- Check if you're eligible for a Blue Badge.
- Follow the link below to apply for a Blue Badge on GOV.UK.
Apply for a Blue Badge on GOV.UK
What happens after I've applied for a Blue Badge?
- We'll process your application and get in touch with you within 6–8 weeks to let you know if your application has or hasn't been successful.
- In some cases, we may need you to attend a mobility assessment before we can make a decision. We'll let you know if this is the case and you'll be contacted to arrange an appointment.
- If your application is successful, we'll contact you and ask you to pay a fee of £10.
- If your application is turned down, we'll tell you why and you can ask us to reconsider your case if you think this is unfair. You can also re-apply if your mobility problems become more serious but we won't consider a new application within 6 months of your last application unless your mobility has seriously decreased.
- If you've already paid but your application is unsuccessful, we'll refund your payment using the card details you paid with. If your card has expired, you'll need to let us know by calling 0300 303 8870.
How do I pay for a Blue Badge?
If your application is successful, we'll contact you so you can arrange to make a payment.
To make a payment you can:
- Pay online using the link below.
- Ring us and pay by card - you'll find the phone number in the contact us section on this page.
- Send a cheque made payable to Rochdale Borough Council. Please post this to the address in the contact section on this page.