Permit only parking bays
Permit parking bays are bays you can apply to have outside your house and only those with a permit can park there.
They're usually around 6.6 metres long and 3.6 metres wide. We mark the bay in white lines and place a sign next to the bay which says 'Permit holders only'.
If you apply for a permit only parking bay, you'll have a private parking space. We'll give you one permit and only a car displaying the permit will be able to park in the bay.
How to apply
To apply for a permit parking bay:
- Have your Blue Badge number and your vehicle registration document number ready.
- Ring us using the details on this page.
- An engineer will then visit the area where you'd like your parking bay to go. They'll decide if it's safe to install the bay.
- We'll contact you to let you know our decision. If it's safe, you'll have to pay £150 for us to install the bay and provide you with a permit which lasts one year. You'll need to pay £150 every year to renew your permit.
- Once you've paid, we'll install the bay within 12-18 months.
Ring 0300 303 8879 to apply for a permit only parking bay outside your home
Who can apply
You can apply for a permit parking bay if you've:
- Got a valid Blue Badge.
- Got a vehicle registered at your address, either in your name or in the name of someone else you live with.
- Not got aby off-street parking available - for example, a drive or a garage.
Where we can put a parking bay
We can only put parking bays:
- Outside your own home, not a friend's home, relatives home or where you work.
- On public roads.
- A safe distance from a junction - for example, not opposite or within 10 metres of the junction.
- Where it won't cause a hazard to other road users.
- Where there are no parking restrictions in place, such as a clearway or a no stopping area.