Offences and Blue Badge laws
The Blue Badge is only for you to use. You should still obey the rules of the road when you're using a Blue Badge.
It's against the law to:
- Use your badge if you're just waiting and not planning on leaving your car.
- Use your badge when it's expired.
- Sell your badge to someone else.
- Use your badge to park somewhere unsafe or where you'll cause a hazard to other road users.
- Let someone else use your badge when they're doing something on your behalf, such as shopping while you stay at home.
- Let non-disabled people take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.
- Let other people use your Blue Badge when you're not there.
Fine for misusing your badge
You can face a fine of up to £1,000 for misusing your Blue Badge, in addition to any penalties for parking offences.