Using your Blue Badge
You can use your Blue Badge:
- By placing it on your dashboard so it can be clearly seen from outside the car with the picture of the wheelchair facing up.
- Anywhere in the UK and the EU, except for certain areas of London. Check where you can't use your Blue Badge in London.
- In any vehicle you're driving or travelling in as a passenger - this includes taxis.
- To park on single or double yellow lines for up to 3 hours, unless there are restrictions on loading or unloading. You should set your Blue Badge clock to the time you arrived and display it on the dashboard with your Blue Badge.
- To park on pay and display on-street parking for free and for as long as you need to.
- To park in Blue Badge parking spaces of car parks, if they have them. See locations of council Blue Badge parking spaces in Rochdale borough.
- To get discounts or free travel on some toll roads and bridges. View bridges and toll roads with discounts and exemptions for Blue Badge holders.
- To apply for a parking bay outside your house. Find out how to get a parking bay.