Marriage and civil partnership fees

There are various fees for marriages or civil partnerships.

Booking a registrar for civil ceremonies

You need to reserve a date for your civil marriage, civil partnership or renewal of vows ceremony in advance.

Giving notice of your marriage or civil partnership

You legally have to give notice in England or Wales to have a civil or religious marriage ceremony or to form a civil partnership.

Wedding or civil partnership venues

You can choose to have your ceremony at Rochdale Register Office, or at an approved marriage and civil partnership venue.

Marriage certificates

For marriages and civil partnerships, you get one certificate included in the cost of your ceremony. 

This certificate can be collected 5 working days following the ceremony, or it can be posted to you.

You can purchase an additional certificate either prior to your ceremony or at any time after your ceremony.

Renewal of vows ceremonies

You can renew your marriage vows or civil partnership promises at Rochdale Register Office or an approved venue.

Licence to hold a ceremony at your venue

You can apply for a licence to become an approved venue for civil marriages.