Find out about work experience placements with Rochdale Borough Council.
How to request work experience
To request a work experience placement:
- Email WorkExperience@rochdale.gov.uk at least 2 months before you'd like to start your work experience. In your email, please include which council departments you're interested in doing work experience with. View council departments
- We'll send you a short application form to complete and return to us.
- We'll pass your application on to the departments you're interested in for consideration. We can't guarantee to offer you a placement but we'll try our best.
- We aim to let you know whether we can offer you a placement or not within 6 weeks of receiving your request.
Types of work experience
You can ask for any of the following types of unpaid work experience.
- Block placement - usually every day for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Extended placement - A few days a week for an extended period of time.
- Taster days - a half or full day to provide an introduction to the workplace or a particular area of work.