Types of childcare

Holiday clubs

Holiday clubs run during school holidays, such as half-terms. They can be run by us, by individuals or by private organisations.

Places can be limited so we recommend you book in advance. 

Search for local holiday clubs - use the search bar to search by postcode

Ofsted registration

Most childcare providers caring for children aged under 8 must be registered with Ofsted.

Normally maintained and independent schools and academies that want to provide holiday clubs for children aged 3 and over - where at least 1 child is also a pupil of the school - don't need a separate Ofsted registration.

  • Ofsted doesn't make a judgement about the quality of the care provided.
  • If the holiday club is also registered on the Early Years Register, the inspection also evaluates and reports on the quality and standards of the early years provision.

How do I know if a club is Ofsted registered?

There are a few ways to find out if a club is registered with Ofsted.

  • The registered person must display their certificate of registration at the premises where the childcare is provided.
  • Every registered setting has a Unique Reference Number (URN), beginning with EY if they are registered on the Early Years Register. Your chosen provider should be able to provide you with this.
  • If the holiday club is operated by a school, you can check the school’s inspection report.
  • Search for the club on the Ofsted site - you can search by name and address or Unique Reference Number. Your chosen provider should be able to provide you with the Unique Reference Number.