Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information about Council Tax and benefits.
Links to organisations that may be able to help you.
Employment and training advice
Organisations who can help
Financial help in an emergency
- Discretionary Crisis Fund - if the unexpected happens and you suddenly find yourself in difficulties, you may get help through the Discretionary Crisis Fund.
- Don't use loan sharks, they're illegal moneylenders who often charge very high interest rates. Find out more about
spotting or reporting loan sharks.
- Don't get into debt you can’t manage. Too much debt can cause problems in the long term so take care when thinking about a loan. Make sure that you can afford to keep up the repayments and that the interest rate is affordable.
- Take the Money Advice Service debt test - to find out how likely you are to have problems with your borrowing over the next year or so.
- Fair For You - a registered charity that helps people from lower income families gain access to affordable credit to purchase goods for the home. You buy directly from the manufacturer and take out a loan from Fair For You, then pay later in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments.
Ways to save money
Things to do (and see) in Rochdale - on a budget