As part of our ongoing commitment to make our website usable for as many people as possible, we've added the Recite Me toolbar.
You can use the Recite Me toolbar to do things like:
- Translate the text on our website into more than 100 languages
- Have the text on our website read aloud
- Change the font, font size and colour to make text easier to read
- Change the background colour of our website
- Download text from our website as an MP3 file
How to use the Recite Me toolbar
Launch the Recite Me toolbar by clicking the Speak/Translate link. You can find this in the header at the top of any page on this website.
The toolbar should open at the top of the page.
Known issues with the Recite Me toolbar
We're working with our supplier to make sure the toolbar works for as many people as possible and we're aware of the following issues:
- Any changes you make to a page with the Recite Me toolbar, will not automatically be applied to other pages you visit on our website.
- Recite Me reads the word 'search' twice when using the search bar on our website, making it a little confusing to know which area you need to click.
- When Recite Me reads a page on continuous play (available in settings), it may stop playing if you hover over any links on the page. To restart Recite Me, click the play button.
- Recite Me may not read content within some of the image areas when on continuous play.
- Recite Me does not read all the social media icons in the footer of our website.
- You may see content within some of the image areas stay the same size when you increase or decrease the font size.
- You may experience issues using the A-Z service when translating a page into a language where there aren't direct translations.
- When viewing search results, the page numbers aren't recognised as links that you can click.
- When using the colour change tool, the social media icons in the footer of our website are no longer visible.
- When you disable text mode, you will see 2 Rochdale Borough Council logos in the website header.
Report issues with the Recite Me toolbar
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems we've not listed, please get in touch with us using the contact details on this page.