Steve Rumbelow is the Chief Executive of Rochdale Borough Council.
You can email the Chief Executive at email@example.com
He was appointed Chief Executive in December 2014.
Steve has overall responsibility for the running of the council and schools.
He works closely with councillors and partners from public, private and third sector organisations to achieve improvements across the borough and to deliver quality services.
The Chief Executive's role includes:
- Accounting for the delivery of the council's corporate strategy and the annual gross expenditure.
- Promoting local democracy - he's the appointed Electoral Registration Officer and Returning Officer for Rochdale Borough Council. This is required under the Representation of the People Act 1983.
- Attracting businesses and jobs.
- Developing partnerships and co-operatives.
- Delivering vital services to vulnerable people.
- Promoting cohesive communities, including regional programmes on collaboration.
- Taking a long-term view of the development of the area and advancing the social, cultural, economic and financial interests of the local area.
- Shaping the council's culture through effective overall leadership of the senior management team and employees, advising local and national politicians, and working with the Leader, Cabinet and Council Members.
- Influencing national policy for local government.
- Leading the council's communications function.
- Leading the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities (AGMA) on a number of key strategic projects.
- Appointed as Head of Paid Service in accordance with Section 4 of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.