Why you should foster for your local council
We are a not-for-profit organisation and every penny we spend in our fostering service goes on supporting our cared for children and their foster families.
Fostering with us has many benefits:
- We're local. This means you won't need to travel far for training, meetings, family time or school trips.
- You'll get a dedicated social worker to support you.
- You'll have access to our foster carer support groups and celebration events.
- We always go to our foster carers first for placements meaning you’re more likely to have no gaps in placement.
- You can get 24-hour over-the-phone support.
- You'll have access to the council’s employee assistance programme for facilities like counselling, should you ever need it.
We've created a video explaining the difference between fostering with us and with a private agency.
What our foster carers say
Our priority is always about getting the right match to meet the needs of both the child and the carer.
See what some of our foster carers say in our 3 words YouTube video.