Find out about reporting a missed bin or other problems with your bin.
How to report a missed bin collection
Check to see if there are reported changes to your bin collection before you make a report.
- You'll need to report a missed bin and meet the following criteria or we won't return to collect it.
- If you don't meet the criteria please bring your bin back in. Alternatively, you can dispose of your waste free of charge at one of our
household waste recycling centres. You'll still need to report it so we've got a record of it but we won't return to collect it until your next scheduled collection day.
- If you meet the following criteria leave your bin out and we'll aim to collect your missed bin within 48 hours.
- You need to report a missed bin after 5pm on your collection day or at any time afterwards
- You need to have correctly presented the right bin before 7am on the day of collection.
- If your brown food and garden waste bin was missed you'll also have to meet the following criteria. You must have reported, or we've already got a record, of your bin missed on one or more consecutive occasions.
- You can report your missed bin with or without setting up an account. Reporting your issue through MyAccount is your faster, safer and more flexible way to access your council services. You'll also have an online record to show you've contacted us.
Possible reasons why your bin wasn't collected
There can be a number of reasons why your bin wasn't collected. These can include blocked access, vehicle breakdown, adverse weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances
Please note there are no regular bin collections on a Monday so bin collections are unaffected when bank holidays fall on a Monday. We do, however, collect bins as normal at Easter and Good Friday.
Reporting other problems with your bin
Please use the contact details on this page if you wish to report other problems with your bin.