The table below lists changes to our bin collection service.
To limit disruption to your bin collections our crews use 2 gritting vehicles, that are not part of the gritting network, to assist with access to difficult to reach areas on the collection route. These vehicles are in full force during snow and ice conditions.
Severe weather conditions
We'll always do our best to collect your waste. During severe weather conditions, it will sometimes take us longer than usual.
Bin collections during bad weather information - includes what you should do if your bin hasn't been collected due to severe weather, why we may have stopped collecting bins, how you can help with bin collections in severe weather and more.
Good to know
- Putting your bins out for collection - what to do if your bin hasn't been collected and more.
- There are no changes to bin collections on bank holidays, except over Christmas and New Year. See bank holiday changes and opening hours.
- There are no bin collections scheduled on a Monday so there is no change to bin collections on Bank holidays.
- Your bins will be collected on the same day as usual over Easter and Good Friday.
- If you don't know which day your bin is normally collected, you can check by using our bin collection calendar.
- The household recycling centres (rubbish tips) are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Details of your waste and recycling sites.
- You must put your bin out no later than 7am on your collection day. If your bins are not available for collection when we visit your property, we will not return.
- If you think we've missed your bin, report a missed bin collection.