Evidence to support your benefit claim

What evidence you need

To claim Housing Benefit, Council Tax reduction or Second Adult Rebate, you'll need proof of:

  1. Identity
  2. National Insurance number
  3. Address
  4. Income and other money coming in
  5. Money you pay out
  6. Bank accounts, savings, investments and property
  7. Rent