Domestic violence and abuse

Need immediate help?

  • In an emergency contact the police, dial 999 and ask for help.
  • When you can't talk, dial 999 then press 55 when prompted. This is called the Silent Solution system.
  • For non-emergency assistance, dial 101 for the Greater Manchester Police Switchboard (24-hour service).
  • Rochdale EHASH (Early Help And Safeguarding Hub), ring 0300 303 0440 for information and advice on the support available. Monday–Friday from 8.45am–4.45pm or outside these hours ring 0300 303 8875. Alternatively, you can email

More ways of getting help with domestic abuse

Getting help

  • Hand holding mobile phone with news items on screen.

    24 Hour National Domestic Helpline

    The National Domestic Helpline offers help and support to women escaping domestic abuse.

  • Close-up of hands working on a laptop.

    End The Fear

    End The Fear offer support to people suffering abuse, or to those who know someone suffering abuse.

  • A hand reaching for a phone.


    Support services and safe accommodation for men and children affected by domestic abuse.

More support

  • A row of newly built houses.

    Safer homes

    If you're experiencing domestic violence, you may be able to get help to make your home safer.

  • A train proceeding through the Calder Valley.

    Rail to Refuge scheme

    If you're a woman fleeing domestic abuse, you may be able to get a free train ticket to travel to refuge accommodation.

Decision making

  • cartoon image of people with a giant filing system

    Policies, strategies and reviews

    We use policy and strategy documents to guide our decisions. We also use them to develop and run our services fairly and consistently.

  • Councillor's committees

    Councillors and committees

    Councillors are responsible for agreeing provision of services and how the council's money is spent.