Report a child at risk

This page provides simple guidance about children who may need protection from harm.

In an emergency, call the police

If a child is in immediate danger, please call 101 or 999.

How to report a child at risk

If you're concerned that a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse, please report it to us.

Call 0300 303 0440 to report a child at risk of harm

Report an adult who works with children

If you have concerns about an adult who works with children and believe they may have caused or could cause harm, please report this to us.

Our Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is responsible for coordinating a response to any concerns you report to us.

Email to report an adult who works with children

Concerns you should report

You should contact us if you feel that:

  • A child needs protection – if you feel that a child is suffering harm, neglect or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child.
  • A family is under stress – we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
  • A child is seriously ill or disabled – we can arrange an assessment of the child's and families needs and provide support.

Signs of abuse

There are a number of ways to identify if a child is suffering from abuse, ​neglect or may be in harm's way.

Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Partnership

Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Partnership is the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how organisations in Rochdale will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare​ of children in Rochdale.