Money, debt and benefit advice

Housing and household bills

  • Council Tax rebate to help with energy costs – the government has announced local authorities will pay households in Council Tax bands A to D a one-off Council Tax energy rebate of £150 to help towards rising energy costs.
  • Grants and benefits to help you pay your energy bills - advice from Citizens Advice.
  • Home improvements, insulation and repairs - check if you qualify for free or discounted boiler and insulation, get help with home improvements and more. You may need to be on certain benefits and own your home or rent from a private landlord.
  • Energy Saving Trust – independent expert advice on saving household energy.
  • Energywork Green Doctors - Groundworks offers free service to help you with your bills, offers advice around energy-saving measures, installs energy efficiency measures, repairs heating systems and more.
  • HomeSwapper - opportunities, advice and tips to find house exchange.
  • Renew Shops - purchase pre-loved household items from Recycle for Greater Manchester at an affordable price.
  • Rochdale Boroughwide Housing - homelessness prevention and advice.
  • Shelter - housing advice and information.
  • SnugBug - affordable, safe and secure shared accommodation for people aged up to 34 across Manchester.