Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bulky waste collections are still operating at present. You'll need to leave your bulky items for collection in your garden or on the kerbside for collection.
To minimise any risk, all our collection staff now wear surgical gloves under their work gloves and disinfect the inside of their vehicles using spray disinfectant daily.
If you're looking to dispose of unwanted household items such as beds, mattresses, fridges and furniture, we offer a collection service from domestic properties within the borough.
Businesses need to make their own arrangements to
dispose of commercial waste.
How to dispose of your unwanted bulky items
You can pay to use the council's bulky waste collection or you may consider one of the following alternatives:
Advice for hiring someone to remove your waste
If waste is illegally dumped and traced back to you, you could be held responsible.
Recycle for Greater Manchester have created a SCRAP code which may help you prevent your waste from being fly tipped.
Request a council household bulky waste collection
We aim to collect items you've reported on your normal collection day and within one week of your booking. It may take us slightly longer around bank holidays, Easter and Christmas when we're especially busy.
To book your bulky waste collection:
- First submit the form below, giving details of what you want collecting. Take down the reference number you receive when you've completed the form.
- Then ring us using the details on this page. Please call within 5 working days of submitting the form and be ready to quote your reference number, otherwise you'll need to resubmit the form.
- While you're on the phone with us, we'll also agree a collection date. Please note we're unable to assist you prepare the items for collection.
You can request your household bulky waste collection with or without signing in. MyAccount is your faster, safer and more flexible way to access your council services. You'll also have an online record to show you've contacted us.
Items we collect and how much it costs
- General household items: up to 3 items £22, includes mattresses, bed frames, bed headboards, carpets, armchairs, settees. £5 per additional item
- Fridges and freezers: £33 per item
- Washing machines: £33 per item
- Cookers: £33 per item
- Dishwashers: £33 per item
- Other large electrical items: up to 2 items £33 then £5 per additional item
- Small electrical items: up to 5 items £33, includes music systems, microwaves, TVs. £5.96 per additional item
Example item units:
- 3 piece suite = 3 items
- Bed (base and mattress) = 2 items
- Bed base and bed headboard, if attached or separate = 1 item
- Divan bed base, even if it comes in 2 parts = 1 item
- Table and 4 chairs = 5 items
- Broken item, such as a wardrobe in 2 or 3 parts = 1 item
Please ring us using the contact details on this page to discuss any other household bulky waste items you would like us to collect.
Items we don't collect
We don't collect the following items, however you can safely dispose of them at your local
Household Recycling Centre:
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas bottles
- Concrete posts
- Car or motorbike parts
- Asbestos - we cannot accept unwrapped household asbestos and you should take these items to your local Household Recycling Centre. Any household asbestos brought to our facilities should be wrapped up in heavy duty plastic wrapping such as household rubble sacks that can be bought from supermarkets.
Contact us using the details on this page if you've items that aren't listed on this page as we'll need to speak to you or visit you to determine whether we can remove them.
When and where to leave your items
Let us know using the online form where you'll be leaving your items on collection day. When we arrange a convenient collection date with you, we'll indicate the time we'll collect the items you've requested. Please keep them on your property if possible, as we're not able to pick them up from inside your house or garage.
To enable the potential reuse of your items, please only put them out on the collection day to avoid them getting damaged or becoming unusable.
Cancellations, amendments and refunds
If you cancel or amend your booking within 48 hours of your collection date you'll receive a full refund.
No refund will be given if:
- You don't give us the correct notice period to amend or cancel your booking; or
- Your collection can't be completed for example if the items are not presented, presented in such a way that means we cannot safely collect them or if we can't gain access.
Use the contact details on this page to get in touch.
What we do with the bulky waste we collect
Where possible we recycle bulky waste items by setting aside good quality items for people who are looking for affordable furniture in their home.