Find out about work experience placements with Rochdale Borough Council.
How can I request work experience?
To request a work experience placement:
email@example.com at least 2 months prior to when you'd like to start your work experience.
- In your email include:
- Your name, your age and the name of the school or college you attend.
- Dates when you'd be available for work experience at least 2 months in the future.
- Which council departments you're interested in doing work experience with.
View council departments.
- What type of work experience you're interested in. You can view types of work experience below.
- We'll pass your request on to the departments you're interested in for consideration. We can't guarantee to offer you a placement but we'll try our best.
- We aim to let you know whether we can offer you a placement or not within 6 weeks of receiving your request.
Who can request work experience?
Anyone can request work experience with us. However, we'll prioritise your request if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You're a high school, college or university student.
- You're 19 years old or under.
- You're a UK resident.
What type of work experience can I request?
You can ask for any of the following types of unpaid work experience. We don't usually offer paid work experience placements.
Block placement - usually every day for 1 or 2 weeks
Extended placement - 1 or 2 days a week for a maximum of 6 weeks
Taster days - a half or full day to provide an introduction to the workplace or a particular area of work