About making a Personal Information Request
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 you can request access to your personal information. This includes asking for your personal information to be updated, erased or stop being used.
If you wish to make use of any of your rights then you can make a Personal Information Request.
When you make a Personal Information Request, please provide as much detail as you can. This will help us locate the information, including any relevant services or teams that may hold the personal information.
These rights are not automatic but in certain circumstances, you've got the right to:
- Ask if your personal information is being used by us and access to the personal information held about you; known as a Personal Information Request or Subject Access Request.
- Ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated.
- Request for your personal data to be erased. We will comply with this request in certain circumstances, for example, if you initially consented to the use of your personal information but have now withdrawn that consent.
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information.
- Ask us to transfer your personal information directly to another data controller. This applies to personal information that is held electronically.
- Ask us to restrict or quarantine your personal information if there is a dispute as to the accuracy or processing of your personal information. This means your personal information will not be used except in limited circumstances.
- Object to the use of your personal information and request we stop using your personal information.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.