Personal Information Requests

How to make a Personal Information Request

Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 you can request access to your personal information. This includes asking for your personal information to be updated, erased or stop being used.

If you wish to make use of any of your rights then you can make a Personal Information Request.

Request your personal information

To request your personal information you need to:

  1. Complete the Personal Information Request form.
  2. Provide two different types of evidence; one as proof of your name and one as proof of address. We cannot process your Personal Information Request until we've received the right evidence.
  3. If you're making a request on behalf of someone else then you need to provide two additional types of evidence as proof of their name and current address.
  4. Send your completed form and accompanying evidence to us using the contact details on this page.
  5. You'll receive an acknowledgement as soon as we receive your completed form and evidence.
  6. Once we've received all of your evidence, we'll try to provide a response within one month. If your request is particularly complex then we may extend our response time by up to 2 months. However, we'll let you know as soon as possible.

Download a Personal Information Request form

Your rights

These rights are not automatic but in certain circumstances, you've got the right to:

  • Ask if your personal information is being used by us and access to the personal information held about you; known as a Personal Information Request or Subject Access Request.
  • Ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated.
  • Request for your personal data to be erased. We will comply with this request in certain circumstances, for example, if you initially consented to the use of your personal information but have now withdrawn that consent.
  • Withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information.
  • Ask us to transfer your personal information directly to another data controller. This applies to personal information that is held electronically.
  • Ask us to restrict or quarantine your personal information if there is a dispute as to the accuracy or processing of your personal information. This means your personal information will not be used except in limited circumstances.
  • Object to the use of your personal information and request we stop using your personal information.
  • Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.

Read more about your rights on the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website