During a flood

Who to contact to report a flood

It's important you keep the right people informed about flooding.

If it's an emergency: 

  • Call 999 if there's a danger to life.
  • Ring the Environment Agency's 24-hour floodline number on 0345 988 1188
  • For hard of hearing, type talk is available on 0345 602 6340

If it's not an emergency: 

  • Use our online form to report flooding
  • Ring our 24-hour floodline number on 0300 303 0420
  • Ring United Utilities Leakline for flooding from burst pipes on 0800 330 033
  • Ring United Utilities for flooding from waste water or sewers on 0345 672 3723
  • If you have water in your cellar and it's close to your gas or electric meters, you should contact your supplier. Do not enter your cellar to turn off the supplies. Seek professional advice before carrying out any work to make your cellar flood resistant. 
  • If you're evacuated, notify the police that your property is empty by ringing 101.