Contaminated land

Information for developers

If you're a developer of a site you think may be contaminated:

  1. It's your responsibility to investigate and address land contamination issues and ensure that any future development is safe and suitable for use.
  2. You'll need to appoint a qualified environmental consultant at the earliest opportunity. They can investigate and address contamination issues on your behalf and advise on all legal obligations.
  3. You'll need to apply for planning permission to develop on the land, which will be subject to further review and conditions.

Apply for planning permission