Report coronavirus (COVID-19) scams and fraud
Coronavirus (COVID-19) business grants fraud
Claiming a business grant when you're not entitled to it is an example of a type of fraud. When reporting fraud please try to give the following information:
- Business name and address
- The date you think the business was trading from
- Why you don't believe they're entitled to the business grant such as they were trading when they should have been closed.
Report coronavirus business grant fraud:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Pass fraud
Criminals are using the NHS COVID Pass as a way to target the public by convincing them to hand over money, financial details and personal information. They are sending imitation text messages, emails and making phone calls pretending to be from the NHS, and offering fake vaccine certificates for sale online and through social media.
- The NHS App is free
- The NHS COVID Pass is free
- The NHS will never ask for payment or any financial details
Report COVID Pass fraud online:
Furlough scheme fraud
Report furlough scheme fraud on the HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) Fraud website.
Fraudulent PCR test fraud
Fraudsters are claiming to be from the NHS and advising people to apply for an Omicron PCR test to avoid restrictions. It may include a link to order a test. Find out how to get the vaccine on the council's website.
Report PCR test fraud online:
Vaccine fraud and online crime
Criminals are using the coronavirus vaccine as an opportunity to scam innocent people and their businesses. They are experts at impersonating people, organisations and the police. They will try to trick you to hand over money, personal information, or buying goods or services that don't exist.
They can contact you by phone, email, text, on social media, or in person.
- The NHS will never ask for payment - the vaccine is free
- The NHS will never ask for your bank details
- The NHS will never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport.
- You can get your vaccination status for free through the official NHS app, NHS website, or by calling the NHS on 119.
Report vaccine fraud online: