Help for armed forces personnel and their families

Housing help

People leaving the armed forces usually have priority over the vast majority of those who apply for housing.

  • Find a local home - options for buying, renting or finding a home in the borough of Rochdale.
  • Advice and support through the Royal British Legion - we've got an arrangement with the local Royal British Legion, whereby all armed forces applicants for housing are referred to them. The British Legion provides advocacy and assists them with a range of issues in addition to housing advice - for example, finance and health.
  • Citizens Advice - housing options for people leaving the Armed Forces, veterans and their families
  • The MOD Army - housing - provides subsidised accommodation for its servicemen and women. Visit their website for details of service personnel entitlement to service accommodation and removals for personal possessions on assignment to a new area.
  • The Naval Families Federation - provides details of service families accommodation, short term accommodation and other housing options.
  • The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) - offers advice and assistance to anyone eligible for their help, whether they are serving or ex-service, or a family member of someone with a service connection. The SSAFA also provide housing and residential home facilities.
  • The Veterans UK site - provides advice to ex-service personnel who are homeless or are threatened with homelessness.