The Blue Badge Scheme (disabled parking permit) is for drivers or passengers with severe mobility problems. It generally allows Blue Badge holders to park close to where they need to go.
The Blue Badge service on GOV.UK
- Apply or reapply for a Blue Badge.
- Continue an application that you have already started.
- Check the progress of an application.
- Report a badge lost or stolen.
- Report a change that affects your badge.
What you need to apply for a Blue Badge
Before you apply you'll need to have all the relevant evidence which includes:
- Proof of identification.
- National Insurance number.
- Details of your current Blue Badge, if you have one.
- Digital or signed photo - passport quality and sized signed to certify that it is a true and current likeness.
- Proof of residency.
As you fill in the online form you can also upload your photo and all relevant evidence. To complete your application ring us to pay the fee of £10 by debit card, or send us a cheque made payable to Rochdale Borough Council.
Alternatively you can bring in your photograph, payment and all relevant evidence to the following locations,
Number One Riverside,
Heywood and Middleton customer information points, Littleborough Library,
Milnrow Library or
Balderstone Library. Please note the libraries may only have one courier collection per week.
Renewing your Blue Badge
If your current badge has, or is due to expire in the next 4 weeks you will need to reapply for a Blue Badge using the link above.
- We can only accept replacement applications up to 4 weeks before expiry. However, to minimise the risk of having 2 live badges in circulation for the same person at any one time you will only be issued with your replacement badge approximately 2 weeks before the old one expires.
- You can apply for a Blue Badge for a further 3 years by completing the application form at the link above.
- On the application form you'll be asked to provide proof or your residency and identity, however, if you've previously submitted these documents for your current badge, you don't need to resubmit them unless you've moved address since your last application.
- We'll need a passport size photograph which is a true likeness of yourself and the payment fee of £10.
- Applicants who are in receipt of the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance or receive a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and meet the “moving around descriptor” for the Mobility Component (which has a score of 8 points or more) should provide a complete copy of their current award letter dated within the last 12 months.