Recycling your food waste
To help you recycle your food waste, we provide everyone with a small silver kitchen caddy and a roll of compostable bags.
You can recycle all your cooked and uncooked food, including any leftovers. This includes meat, fish and bones.
Find out what food waste you can recycle
Getting more FREE compostable bags
As part of the service, we provide additional rolls of compostable bags for FREE.
At the end of the roll, you'll find a yellow tag. When you need more compostable bags, tie it to the handle of your brown bin or street caddy and our collection crew will leave you a new roll of compostable bags.
Alternatively you can collect free compostable bags from selected local libraries across the Rochdale Borough.
Local libraries supplying FREE compostable bags
Using your kitchen caddy
Using your caddy is easy:
- Line the caddy with a compostable bag and fill it with your food waste. Do not use any other bags to line your caddy.
- When you’re ready, tie a knot in the bag and place it in your brown bin or brown street caddy.
- Every week, on your collection day, place your brown bin or brown street caddy on the edge of your property and we’ll empty it.
You need a brown bin or a brown street caddy for your food waste collection
- Please use your brown bin or brown street caddy for both your food and garden waste collection.
- Request a FREE brown bin.
- If you want a FREE brown street caddy, call 0300 303 8884, Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. We're closed for training on Monday between 11am-11.30am