The national cost of living crisis is resulting in unprecedented pressure on people. As part of our Helping Hand campaign, we want to do more to help our residents in these tough times. We're working with local partner organisations to create a network of Warm Welcome Spaces across the borough of Rochdale. These include libraries, community centres and other warm welcoming spaces.
What are Warm Welcome Spaces?
Warm Welcome Spaces in the borough of Rochdale are places where local people can gather for free in a warm, safe and welcoming place, and enjoy a free drink, activities and access to other services.
All venues will offer free hot and cold drinks, activities and advice. Some venues will offer additional services such as free wifi. All Warm Welcome Spaces will be heated, safe, friendly and neutral places where you can comfortably spend time reading, studying or chatting with others. We won’t ask why you need a Warm Welcome Space.
Find a Warm Welcome Space
We've created a directory of all the Warm Welcome Spaces across the borough of Rochdale.
You can search the directory to find Warm Welcome Spaces near you, view the services they have on offer and their opening times or view all the locations on a map.
All Warm Welcome Spaces will offer free hot and cold drinks, as well as activities and advice.
Our Warm Welcome Spaces Charter
- You will be given a warm welcome from staff and volunteers when you come to a Warm Welcome Space in the borough of Rochdale. We're known for our strong and kind community spirit.
- You will be treated with dignity, respect and confidentiality.
- Every Warm Welcome Space in the borough of Rochdale is for everyone and is a non-judgmental space. You'll be treated the same whatever reason you have for using the Warm Welcome Space.
- Each Warm Welcome Space will provide the following free minimum services: hot drinks, cordial/water, activities, advice and signposting.
- Each Warm Welcome Space will open for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken for health and safety purposes.