School travel expenses

Travelling to a school outside of Greater Manchester

If you live in Rochdale borough but attend a school outside of the Greater Manchester area, you may be able to get a refund of 40p for every single journey your child takes to school.


To be eligible for the travel support:

  • Your child must attend a school that's more than 3 miles away.
  • You must receive the maximum amount of working tax credits or your child must receive free school meals.

How to apply

If you think you may be eligible, please email to request an application form.