Large estates and apartment complexes
If you'd like to request a house number or street name for a large estate or apartment complex:
- Complete the online form.
- Pay the relevant fee.
- We'll check the suitability of your proposed street names in the local area.
- Once we agree on the street names, we'll register the street name and the numbers. You can then inform prospective buyers of the address.
- We'll send the address information to all utility companies, Land Registry, Royal Mail, emergency services, Ordnance Survey and all relevant council services.
- You'll need to provide new street name plates to our standard design.
- You'll need to provide all plans as PDF files.
- For new estates, you may want to enter into a Section 38 Agreement for the council to adopt the roads. Please state on the form if you wish to do so. We'll then pass it to the relevant engineer to arrange.
- This process can take up to 6 weeks.