Local land charges search

Request an official search

You can ask us to search the local land charge register for you. You'll get an official report from us which all banks and mortgage providers will accept.

If you ask us to conduct an official search and then you become liable for any charges, restrictions or obligations which didn't show on our report when they should have, you'll be compensated for your losses.

To request an official local land charge search:

  1. Your solicitor will usually request a search for you, however, you can also request a search yourself.
  2. Buy an application form for the type of search you would like to request. To do this, view the types of official searches in the section below then buy the form you need for your type of search from a reputable stationery shop.
  3. Complete the application form and email it to us.
  4. View the fees then pay by bank transfer.
  5. We aim to email you a report listing the results of the search within 14 working days.

Email your completed form to landcharges@rochdale.gov.uk